Thursday, January 17, 2008

one more day in the life of S



Just another day... very cold... but very sunny... had planned on going for a walk with the dogs yesterday, but an old friend of L called, and wanted him to meet him for lunch... and seeing L can't drive yet... guess who had to stop what i was doing and take him into town... i didn't want to eat with them as L and his friend were TRUCK DRIVERS and there is nothing worse that old truckers getting together, all they talk about is trucks and things from the past... so i called my girlfriend and we had lunch togethers.. in the same restaurant, just not at the same table..i made Larry pay for my lunch as i had to drive him in..and seeing it was a late lunch we had a light supper which was okay by me... i hate cooking some days... My hips have been really sore at nite, but the last couple of days i have been spinning at nite, and for some reason my hips are better during the nite, I am usually okay till about 4 am and then they start to hurt..if i lay on one side that side hurts, so i turn over to the other side and then that side hurts...so i flip and flop around from 4 am on... i end up trying to sleep on my back, and i can't sleep well on my back..but since i started spinning my hips are better, do ya think that might be the reason they don't hurt as much... or maybe cuz i don't have my feet up on the footstool...really weird... guess i will have to fool around till i find the reason why i am not hurting...

This is a picture of a couple of my Shetlands... I kept all the lambs this year, i got rid of the ram after shearing last spring, as he kept charging me, so i won't have any babies, but should have a bunch of nice fleece.. the black one in the pictures has a lovely fleece, the hardest thing to do is to keep the fleeces clean..


The owl was gone from the barn this morning, or he could have been hiding about the grainery, as it is dark up there...


This is Easy, our llama... he is a real character, he loves people, and people are so afraid he is going to spit..in the 15 or so years we have had him, he has only spit at us a couple of times... the first time we sheared him, he spit at me, but over my head.. and then when we vaccinated his buddy Phil,the GOAT, he is usually okay when we shear him, but when we miss a year, he does spit... last time we sheared him, we had him tied next to a post, and he was mad and green spit was dripping off the roof, doesn't spit at us, just around us...always worth a giggle or two....

1 comment:

Sharon in Surrey said...

Yah know . . . it could be the gentle exercise you get from spinning that's helping with your hip pain. My right hip gives me hell if I don't move around enough . . but it really gives me hell if I'm up & down stairs or walk around on cement floors a lot, too!! What we need is a HOT TUB for the 4AM blues!!!
By the way, I love spinning shetland if you think you have too much!! Llama & shetland handspun socks are really nice on those long, cold evenings too. By the way, eat your heart out - I'm brewing up a batch of turkey barley soup in the slow cooker & it smells devine!!!