Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For my friends with a really weird sense of humor

Larry says that i don’t have much of a sense of humour..he laughs at silly things, i laugh at funny things..Him and the boys must have watched “Lampoons Christmas Vacation” every year for 10 years..in fact i bought each of them a copy when they left home, but Larry loves it when they are home for Christmas so they can watch it together…

So anyway i had a very good giggle yesterday… here’s where my weird sense of humour comes in…I emailed my agility instructor “Maureen” on Monday, she emailed me right back, saying her Mother in Law had just died…and that she would get back to me when she could… then Tuesday morning there was a email from her… Her M i L was still alive..  the Intermediate care facility had called Monday morning and said that Rob’s mom had passed away, but when they arrived, the head nurse was waiting for them, telling them that she had come back to life, she had a heart attack and was dead for 5 minutes, then she started breathing again..on her own… well i guess she had several heart attacks all day Monday and her heart had stopped over and over..but she kept coming back..so they didn’t think she would make it thru the day, but she was still alive Tuesday morning, so Maureen asked me to email everyone to let them know… I emailed her back, and apologized as i had really giggled.. when i got home from town yesterday, there was another email, saying that she had passed away, FOR REAL this time…and that the family figured she didn’t like the other side, so kept coming back.. I know some of you won’t think that this was funny, but it gave me a good giggle…

Weather is still pretty crappy… only 1.7 degrees this morning… and it is May 13… also my baby Brother’s 60th birthday…I have a picture of him somewhere in my photos, but i just can’t remember where i put it… I changed the screen saver and now it is a slide show… and some of the funniest pictures come up..one picture was a chewed up brussel sprout that Matt’s little dog chewed up after i dropped it Christmas day..and a picture of him and i taken about 5 years ago, but i can’t find it… guess i should go thru them all… some of them are so out of focus..but others bring a few laughs..

I got all my BFL spun up.. went and dug out my dyeing pot…so will soak the yarn, and get it dyed.. will have to go through all the dyes to see what colour grabs me… i want a soft pink or blue or mauve..as those are the colours that my friend wears..also got one pound of the merino and silk (glacier green) all spun and plied.. now have to get a few projects off the needles before i start on that one for ME… a jacket done in the Feather and fan pattern…

The retreat invites went out this week… and have had lots of emails…Put me on the list… which i can do for a week or so, until i received the $$, i am sure we will be fully booked quickly this fall… 4 new girls are sending their cheques this week…so if you are reading this.. get the lead out and send your money…. talk to ya soon…. Silk

No comments: